Any signs of a gas leak should be taken seriously.
- If you smell gas or hear a roaring or hissing sound, you should get yourself and anyone else out of the house immediately, without turning anything in the home on or off.
- Do not use a phone or cell phone as it might cause a spark.
- If you smell gas in your garage, do not start your vehicle.
- Once you are a safe distance from the house, outside or at a neighbor’s home, call both 911 and your utility company (CenterPoint Energy and Xcel Energy) Leak Emergency: 1-800-296-9815 or 612-375-5050 in the Metro Area).
- Do not go back inside the home until a technician from the utility company declares the home safe.
Contact Stafford Home Service Inc. for a furnace inspection to ensure the safety and security of your home and your family.